65 x 132 Dot Matrix LCD Controller/Driver
The ST7565R is a single-chip dot matrix LCD driver that can be connected directly to a microprocessor bus. 8-bit parallel or 4-line SPI display data sent from the microprocessor is stored in the internal display data RAM and the chip generates a LCD drive signal independent of the microprocessor. Because the chips in the ST7565R contain 65x132 bits of display data RAM and there is a 1-to-1
correspondence between the LCD panel pixels and the internal RAM bits, these chips enable displays with a high degree of freedom.
The ST7565R chips contain 65 common output circuits and 132 segment output circuits, so that a single chip can drive a 65x132 dot display (capable of displaying 8 columns x4 rows of a 16x16 dot kanji font).
Moreover, the capacity of the display can be extended through the use of master/slave structures between chips. The chips are able to minimize power consumption because no external operating clock is necessary for the display data RAM read/write operation. Furthermore, because each chip is equipped internally with a low-power LCD driver power supply, resistors for LCD driver power voltage adjustment and a display clock CR oscillator circuit, the ST7565R can be used to create the lowest power display system with the fewest components for high-performance portable devices.
- Direct display of RAM data through the display data RAM.
- RAM capacity : 65 x 132 = 8580 bits
- Display duty selectable by select pin
- 1/65 duty : 65 common x 132 segment
- 1/49 duty : 49 common x 132 segment
- 1/33 duty : 33 common x 132 segment
- 1/55 duty : 55 common x 132 segment
- 1/53 duty : 53 common x 132 segment
- High-speed 8-bit MPU interface (The chip can be connected directly to the both the 80x86 series MPUs
and the 6800 series MPUs)/4-line SPI interfaces are supported.
- Abundant command functions
Display data Read/Write, display ON/OFF, Normal/Reverse display mode, page address set, display start line set, column address set, status read, display all points ON/OFF, LCD bias set, electronic volume, read/modify/write, segment driver direction selects, power saver, static indicator, common output status select, Vo voltage regulation internal resistor ratio set.
- Static drive circuit equipped internally for indicators.
(1 system, with variable flashing speed.)
- Embedded analog power supply circuits for Liquid Crystal driving: Booster, Regulator and Follower.
- Embedded Booster circuit:
- Add new booster ratio, 5 times and 6 times. So that 2X,3X,4X,5X,6X are supported.
- The independent input for boost reference voltage.
- High-accuracy Regulator circuit:
Build-in Electronic volume function for the contrast control. Thermal gradient = ¡V 0.05%/¢X C.
- Embedded voltage Follower circuit for LCD driving.
- Embedded R-C oscillator circuit.
- The external clock is also supported.
- Extremely low power consumption: 60uA, bare dice (using the internal power).
Settings:VDD ¡V VSS = VDD2 ¡V VSS =3.0 V, Booster Ratio=4,
V0 ¡V VSS = 11.0 V. Display OFF and the normal mode is selected.
- Logic power supply : VDD ¡V VSS = 1.8V to 3.3 V
Analog Power (Boost reference voltage):
VDD2 ¡V VSS = 2.4V to 3.3V
Booster maximum voltage limited
Liquid crystal drive power supply:
V0 ¡V VSS = 3.0V to 12.0 V
- Wide range of operating temperatures: ¡V 30 to 85¢XC
- Package type: COG only.
- The chip is not designed to resist the light or to resist the radiation.