Muti Select Dot Matrix LCD Controller/Driver(17Cx100S or 25Cx80S)
The ST7036 dot-matrix liquid crystal display controller and driver LSI displays alphanumeric, Japanese kana characters, and symbols. It can be configured to drive a dot-matrix liquid crystal display under the control of a 4-/ 8-bit or serial interface microprocessor. Since all the functions such as display RAM, character generator, and liquid crystal driver, required for driving a dot-matrix liquid crystal display are internally provided on one chip, a minimal system can be interfaced with this controller/driver.
The ST7036 character generator ROM is extended to generate 256 5x8dot character fonts for a total of 256 different character fonts. The low power supply (2.7V to 5.5V) of the ST7036 is suitable for any portable battery-driven product requiring low power dissipation.
The ST7036 LCD driver consists of 17 common signal drivers and 100 segment signal drivers. And the second mode is consists of 25 common signal and 80 segment signal drivers. The maximum display RAM size can be either 80 characters in 1-line display or 40 characters in 2-line display or 16 characters in 3-line. A single ST7036 can display up to one 20-character line or two 20-character lines or three 16-character lines.
No extra drivers can be cascaded.
- 5 x 8 dot matrix possible
- Low power operation support:
- 2.7 to 5.5V
- Range of LCD driver power
- 2.7 to 7.0V
- 4-bit or 8-bit or serial MPU interface enabled
- 80 x 8-bit display RAM (80 characters max.)
- 10,240-bit character generator ROM for a total of 256 character fonts(max)
- 64 x 8-bit character generator RAM(max)
- Support two display mode:
- 16-com x 100-seg and 80 ICON
- 24-com x 80-seg and 80 ICON
- 16 x 5 -bit ICON RAM(max)
- Programmable duty cycles
- 1/8 or 1/9 for one line of 5 x 8 dots with cursor
- 1/16 or 1/17 for two lines of 5 x 8 dots & cursor
- 1/25 for three lines of 5 x 8 dots & cursor
- Wide range of instruction functions:
- Display clear, cursor home, display on/off, cursor on/off, display character blink, cursor shift, display shift, double height font
- Automatic reset circuit that initializes the controller/driver after power on and external reset pin
- Internal oscillator(Frequency=540KHz) and external clock
- Built-in voltage booster and follower circuit (low power consumption )
- Com/Seg direction selectable
- Multi-selectable for CGRAM/CGROM size
- Instruction compatible to ST7066U and KS0066U and HD44780
- I2C Bus Available(ST7036i)
Gold bumped chip available